Wedding live art
First of all, congratulations on your engagement !
A painting can capture the mood and magic of your special day in a way that is very different to a photo.
Imagine owning a painting that takes you to one of the key moments of your life every time you look at it ....
Having you and your guests watch that painting of your event come to life is truly special.
And a painting makes a fabulous gift ! (Custom made gift certificates available).
I have detailed the process of wedding live art below.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact me !
How it works:
1. Check your wedding date availability by leaving an enquiry.
I will generally reply within 24-48 hours.
I like to meet with couples well before the event for full free consultation to design your artwork.
This helps me get an understanding of the event, your preferences, and what type of painting will capture your day the best.
Secure your date with a 25% deposit and a signed contract!
2. On the day of the event I arrive 2 hours before so I can set up and begin painting the background.
When your guests arrive, they can see a painting that is well underway and this creates a bit of excitement.
3. I paint during your event (time varies, but no later 9.00pm even if event is delayed).
I try to capture the feeling of the event, and ensure that I chat and explain the process to any guests who are watching the painting come to life.
At the end of the night, your painting will look mostly complete and I will come find you to show you your painting before I leave.
If your photographer and videographer is still present, I will give them the heads up so they can capture you with your beautiful new painting.
4. Enhancements and finer details are completed in my studio. This gives me a chance to see the painting away from the ceremony and finally apply a clear coat of varnish to protect your painting.
Before varnishing your new painting, I can send you a photo to ensure I have your final okay or if you wish, it will be surprise.
5. We get together and you can see the painting of your special day. Not only is it yours to hang on the wall, you can create prints of it and use it for thank you cards etc.
6. If you located far away from me I can ship the painting to you for extra cost.
7. If your wedding is affected by a lockdown or you become a close contact of a positive case, your deposit will be transferred to a painting or drawing from a photo with a 15% courtesy discount.
Pricing varies based on canvas size, the time frame of the ceremony and reception, and the number of people included in the painting (pricing in Canadian dollars).
An acrylic painting starts at :
- $2000 for a canvas - 18x24" (painting only couple)
- $3000 for a canvas - 24x30" (painting only couple)
I can add your family members or your guests to painting for extra cost:
( I can do any size of canvas you like).
Any additional charges for travel or shipping are dependent on location of your event.
*A deposit of 25% is required to secure your booking.